Our vice president, Trevor Jones, has provided a step by step guide on how to upload proof of your COVID vaccination to the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) Volunteer Hub.
Attention: You will need a MyGov account linked to your Medicare account to be able to do this.
If you don't have these, then you will need to set them up before proceeding.
Serious ID will be required!
Go to MyGov and log in
1. In the ‘Proof of Vaccination’ box on first page
2. Go to Medicare (click the link, Medicare opens)
3. Then click ‘Request a vaccination certificate’
4. Then click 'View History'
5. Click ‘View Covid 19 Digital Certificate (PDF)’
6. This opens the certificate (but not as a PDF in my case, this is how I made it work)
a. Suggest print the Certificate, and
b. Scan the Certificate to turn it into a PDF
c. Suggest – save the PDF certificate to your computer or other. (Needed later)
7. Log out of My Gov / Medicare.
Open DFES Volunteer Hub and log in
1. Find the ‘COVID-19 Information page’ see this pathway:
Home>Support>Health and Safety>Covid-19 Information, or use search
2. Scroll down to the bottom of this page
3. Look for the heading ‘Upload your Covid 19 Vaccination details with DFES’ and
4. Click ‘Go to Form’
5. The form will ask you to:
a. Put in the two vaccination dates
b. Upload the PDF Vaccination Form you previously saved from Medicare on
your computer. (see step 6c above)
6. Click ‘Submit’
You might also like to use the ‘Step by Step’ provided by DFES which is available on the Volunteer Hub:
Volunteer Hub - How To Upload Your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate